Friday, June 25, 2010

Mini Project - Machine Cart

When faced with enormous home remodeling tasks, it is absolutely necessary to sidetrack yourself with simple projects that are easier and totally unnecessary. Enter old dock cart! Ours is from North Carolina and here is its transformation into a coffee table/ conversational piece. Hope you like!


It was a mixture of new/old/missing parts in the beginning.

Had fun "distressing" a piece of wood to replace the broken top piece.

I didn't think I would be able to find any old square nuts. I did, and replaced the newer hardware with them. Also, I had to thread some crossbars that were missing. 

Dirty...

Clean! Sanded and Coated!

A good marketing campaign always needs a puppy.

Glass topped and ready for wear and tear.

TA-DA!!

1 comment:

  1. SO creative and AWESOME!!!! I love it! We just found an old steemer/wardrobe truck that we are going to fix up and use as a coffee table!

    ReplyDelete